The COVID-19 Innovation Challenge
On this Earth Day, the India Student Hub invites students to the ‘Green India: The COVID-19 Innovation Challenge’ where we ask participants to come up with solutions to handle a crucial environmental challenge that India faces while it deals with the evolving pandemic:
“Due to social isolation and shelter-at-home orders during the COVID-19 pandemic, the air quality in India has improved significantly. What ideas or behavioral changes can help the country retain this improvement of environmental conditions when the economy reopens?”
Please ensure you do your best to include an analysis of existing industry options or societal, and build on them as you form your recommendations. It is useful to consider policy recommendations/implications, literature review of the problem, any existing policies and schemes, existing technologies and their limitations, while feeling free to highlight innovation if any (in the case of science and technology).
Round 1: Individuals/Teams of students will have until April 30 2020 to submit a 600 word (double spaced) write-up of their selected issue and their proposed solution. (While you may choose to do so, you don’t need a team to sign up!)
Round 2: Students/Teams which move to the finals will virtually present their ideas and an accompanying PowerPoint presentation to a panel of judges. (Each presentation will be 10 minutes with an additional 5 minutes for Q&A)
Open to all students who are enrolled at any U.S. institution.
Why should you participate?
- Contribute to India’s efforts of emerging stronger post-crisis
- Celebrate Earth Day with the India Student Hub
- Network with peers from different schools and areas of study
- Gain experiential learning
- Recognition from the Embassy of India Student Hub for outstanding entries!
- April 30th 5:00 PM EDT - Earth Day - Last day to sign up with entries
- May 4th 5:00 PM EDT - finalists intimated
- May 9th 5:00 PM EDT - Final Presentations