Advise the Government
Your chance to be a part of India's history.
Essays were due August 30th, 2019.
The submission period for this competition has ended.
Thank you to all students who made a submission. Prize winners will receive an e-mail by 30 September, 2019; prizes will be mailed in the first week of October 2019 by Priority Mail.
For Undergraduate, Graduate, and Ph.D. students and Indian youth over 18 years of age
Write an expository essay that answers the following prompt:
As the new government enters it first 100 days, we want your inputs on shaping the future of India. We look forward to hearing your insights and listening to your thoughtful, constructive suggestions.
In framing your inputs, along with your suggestions we ask that you provide insight into:
- your understanding of the purpose of life and your deepest wisdom
- impact on the environment
- historical context of India and noteworthy and relevant lessons from other great civilizations
- geo-political dynamics at play today
- Gandhi's talisman on how this action is of any use of the poorest person you know.
- Biggest criticism of inputs and how you would propose to counter
For High School students and Indian youth below 18 years of age
Pen an essay that answers the following prompts:
- In what ways are you involved in your school or local community, and what have you learned about yourself through these experiences? (max: 150 words)
- What issues do you see in your school, neighborhood, or community that you would like to help or have helped solve and why are these issues important to you? (max: 150 words)
- Respond to one:
- Tell us something about yourself that you’d like us to know. Or,
- What have you read or watched recently that has impacted or changed how you see the world? (max: 150 words)
Criteria: Essays will be judged based on originality, evidence of reflection, clarity, and content. You must be a student who is a citizen of India at a United States institute of higher education, or a U.S. person who holds citizenship of, or is a member of, the Indian Diaspora under the age of 29 to apply.
Deadlines : All essays are due by the end of the day, Eastern Standard Time, on August 30th, 2019. Winners will be announced in the following weeks.
Submission: Submit your essay as a Word document or PDF using the form below. Please include your name in the 'file name.'
Feedback: We will attempt to provide feedback on as many essays as logistically possible.